Woke up today feeling sore!!! awesome lol, and i had a bad right shin pain.. ugh.. i went to zumba and i was planning to do bodycombat afterword also.. 2 hours a cardio!! but my shin was killing me!! i don’t know if it is from the exercise or previous but i didn’t want to push it.
at least i did an hour of zumba! it was a lot of fun… after that i went to the super market to shop for dinner ingredients.
So every Thursday from 7-11pm, I’m on Ambulance Duty! And we’ve made themes for every thursday evening. Tonight is Pasta Southwestern… or something like that… doesn’t make sense really… italian.. southwestern… but whatever, i didn’t think of it…. however I MADE IT WORK. with THIS LOVELY DISH!! called :
I got this recipe from cleaneatingmag.com
I LOVE THIS SITE! They have awesomeeeeeeeee recipes that are healthy and delicious!!!
Here is the recipe for this dish…. try it!
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup frozen yellow or white corn
- 1 15-oz BPA-free can low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 2 cups diced vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, egg whites, bread crumbs, salt and pepper and mix well. Shape into 16 meatballs, each about the size of a golf ball.
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Add meatballs and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, turning frequently, until browned on all sides. Add corn, beans, tomatoes, broth, lime juice and cumin and mix well. Reduce heat to medium, partially cover and cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, until meatballs are cooked through. Stir in cilantro and serve.
AND LOOOKKKK ^^^^^ nutritional facts! amazing. lol
So I made that for my dinner crew tonight… they are also gonna have pasta and veggie meatballs and peppers… YUM YUM. I have to be careful! With my portions…everything is gonna look so so good!
Anyway… after I made dinner I actually ate lunch. I had :
2 slices of whole wheat toast – 200 calories
2 tablespoons of peanut butter- 190 calories
1 cup of watermelon- 46 calories
total: 436 calories
So … I wrote this blog over several hours so now i’m at the ambulance building! 15 minutes to food.. i’m really hungry… i was on emergency calls bleghhh.. i didn’t have a snack buts okay.. means i can eat a little bit more for dinner..
anyway, that’s it for today! I’ll post a picture of my feast too ;]
good luck everyone!!