10 sources of protein to build muscle.
1. Canned Tuna. 40g protein/can. Buy tuna in spring water or brine. Don’t worry about the mercury: 1 can chunk light tuna per day is safe.
2. Whole Eggs. 7g protein/egg. Lower your body fat rather than throwing the yolk away if you have bad cholesterol. Dietary cholesterol isn’t bound to blood cholesterol, and the yolk contains half the protein and vitamins A/D/E.
3. Whey. 1 scoop ON whey is 24g protein/30g serving.
4. Ground Beef. 25g protein/100g. Buy 80% ground beef and rinse the fat if lean beef is too expensive. You can reduce the fat content by as much as 50%.
5. Milk. 30g protein/liter milk. If you’re a skinny guy, want to gain weight fast and don’t bother gaining some fat, drink 1 gallon raw milk per day. Don’t worry about the saturated fat. Stay away from milk if you want to lose fat.
6. Frozen Chicken Breast. 25g protein/100g. Cook the frozen chicken breast using a George Foreman Grill. Consume the chicken breast within 2 months of freezing for optimal tenderness & taste.
7. Cottage Cheese. 12g protein/100g. Quark cheese: 10g protein per 100g, cheaper than cottage cheese and a better taste.
8. Ground Turkey. 25g protein/100g.
9. Canned Mackerel. 23g protein/100g. Canned mackerel is high in omega-3, contains less mercury than canned tuna, and tastes a lot better too.
10. Calves Liver. 20g protein/100g. Low fat and nutrient dense. Contrary to what you might believe, liver is safe.
Bonus Tips. The following meal plan gets you +200g protein per day.
- Breakfast: 3 whole eggs with spinach
- Snack: 200g cottage cheese with apple
- Lunch: 1 can of tuna with bok choy
- Snack: 500ml raw milk and banana
- Post workout: 1 scoop whey with oats & 500ml milk
- Dinner: 150g chicken breast with pasta & broccoli
- Pre bed: 200g cottage cheese with berries & flax seeds